Real Estate Investment Analyst / Accounting Manager | Millcreek Commercial Properties, LLC
Commercial Real Estate Investment Firm
At Millcreek Commercial Properties, we purchase and sell high-quality, NNN leased properties that are ready for immediate 1031 exchange identification with entry points as low as $100K.
We have created a way for anyone to invest in commercial real estate and enjoy the benefits of safety, security, and stability in their investment portfolio. We acquire or develop our properties debt-free and then allow anyone to buy a portion of the real estate. This means that the client’s name is on the deed as a tenant-in-common owner, and they begin receiving monthly cash flow immediately. Our investment fund purchases long-term, single-tenant, NNN leased properties backed by corporate guarantees. These purchase requirements are in place to ensure a strong asset portfolio.
Millcreek Commercial is 1031 exchange qualified and retirement account compliant. We have 1031 exchange experts ready to assist you with your upcoming exchange.
Real Estate Investment Analyst / Accounting Manager develops and maintains financial systems and processes to meet the accounting, management, and reporting needs of the organization. They lead all FP&A, including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management; support managing partners in their responsibilities and decisions; and participate in the strategic planning and evaluation of current operations and new opportunities.
This is an on-site position. Our offices are located at 2100 Pleasant Grove Blvd, Ste 275,
Pleasant Grove UT 84062.
• Regularly evaluate the company’s financial position and trends and develop strategies to increase return on investment and profitability
• Underwrite the projected cash flows and associated risk of both properties identified for acquisition and potential development projects
• Develop robust models for fund performance, investor return, client purchases, financing, and capital needs
• Maintain the accounting records of the entity, including month- and year-end adjusting journal entries and transaction categorization
• Ensure that the accounting system and internal controls comply with all company policies, applicable laws and regulations, and third-party requirements
• Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and presentations for managing partners and investors
• Develop both company-wide and function-specific budgets for the operating groups of the firm
• Work with a contracted accounting firm to prepare annual tax returns for the company and related entities
• Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
• Integrate efforts to improve financial systems with the activities of the other functions of the company
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field with a history of strong academic performance
• Experience with financial modeling and return calculations
• Advanced spreadsheet skills (specifically for financial modeling)
• General understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and managerial accounting principles
• Commitment to detailed work, honesty, accountability, and results
• Willingness to participate in both the accounting weeds and the strategic finance decisions of the business
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Expert-level problem solver
• Strong interest in commercial real estate and real estate development
• Ability to manage simultaneous projects and shifting priorities
• Work experience in accounting, finance, or analytics
• Experience in commercial real estate
• General understanding of partnership tax
• Familiarity with QuickBooks Online
• Familiarity with HR/employee management systems, including payroll and payroll taxes
• Experience managing a company's cash flow
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive starting salary
• Health insurance stipend
• Paid vacation time / sick time
You can also apply by sending resume, cover letter, and contact information to:
Subject Line: [Last Name, First Name] – Application for Director of Finance/Accounting