About the job
Corporate Real Estate Paralegal | Millcreek Commercial Properties, LLC
Commercial Real Estate Investment Firm and Investment Fund
Millcreek Commercial Properties is closely affiliated with Collier Utah. Our fund purchases, develops, and sells high-quality, NNN leased properties that are ready for immediate 1031 exchange identification in a Tenant In Common platform. We are the largest provider of this product in the United States. We have created a way for middle-class Americans to invest in commercial real estate and enjoy the benefits of safety, security, and stability in their investment portfolio. We acquire or develop our properties debt-free and then allow anyone to buy a portion of the real estate. Our investment fund acquires long-term, single-tenant, NNN leased properties often backed by corporate guarantees. Millcreek and its affiliated companies will close in excess of 150 real estate transactions in 2022.
This position will assist in-house counsel for the real estate investment fund and the Millcreek Commercial executive team in real estate related activities. The primary responsibility will be to coordinate multiple commercial real estate closings every week. The successful candidate will work closely with a national title company to efficiently coordinate closings. Additionally, this position will work closely with Fund Counsel as they practice general law with outside clients.
• Reviewing title commitments and exception documents.
• Working with counsel and title professionals to identify and address local closing customs and requirements across the United States.
• Working with clients to identify and provide documents essential for the closing.
• Based on consultation with the executive team and under the direction of attorneys, reviewing and preparing leases, Purchase and Sales Agreements, construction contracts, and other legal documents.
• Preparing ancillary real estate transaction documents such as escrow instructions, deeds, tenant in common agreements, owner’s affidavits, closing certificates, entitlements, estoppels etc.
• Providing general assistance in real estate, construction, and leasing transactions.
• Proofreading legal documents to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Analyzing and summarizing documents, zoning ordinances, and statutes for review by executive staff and attorneys.
• Working closely with attorney and executive team to resolve a variety of day-to-day issues and supporting a broad range of commercial real estate transactions and projects.
• Coordinating and performing real estate due diligence.
• Multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments to consistently provide high-quality work product within stated deadlines.
• Organization – Demonstrates ability to organize, manage, and assemble multiple documents for closings.
• Problem Solving – Anticipates, identifies, and resolves problems in a timely manner; skillfully gathers and analyzes information.
• Oral Communication – Listens and obtains clarification; responds well to questions; can communicate with clients, sales professionals, executives, and attorneys in a courteous, effective, and professional manner.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; can read and interpret written information.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; is available based on attorney and C Team’s needs and able to work extended hours as required; is present in the office and available in person, by telephone, and by email to facilitate communications and work product with attorney and executives.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Two plus years of experience in a real estate, title, or law firm.
• Expertise related to real estate, construction, law, or C-Suite administration.
• Ability to maintain high-quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong analytical ability and research skills.
• Strong communications skills (both oral and written). Ability to communicate effectively.
• Self-starter who is adept at working in a true team environment and partnering with the executive team, sales team, clients, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff.
Compensation and Benefits
• $48,000 / year starting salary
• Health insurance stipend
• Paid vacation time / sick time
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter below, or send to:
Subject Line: [Last Name, First Name] – Application for Corporate Real Estate Paralegal